How to Rent
To inquire about renting any of our spaces, click here to send an email or call us at (202) 797-2145.
Rental Time Availability
Rental of Sitar Arts Center’s facilities is subject to staff availability. In general, rentals are not possible during program hours. All rentals need to occur during normal business hours before programs begin during evenings and weekends after programs are over. For liability reasons, Sitar does not currently accommodate birthday parties. Program hours during the week are as follows:
- Monday: 3:30-7:00 pm
- Tuesday: 3:30-8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 3:30-7:00 pm
- Thursday: 3:30-7:00 pm
- Friday: 3:30-6:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:30 am-2:00 pm
- Daytime hours available for rental are 9:00 am to 3:30 pm on weekdays during the school year with additional afternoon hours during semester breaks.
- Evening and weekend rates apply to any rentals starting after 6:00 pm or on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Reduced rates are available to non-profit organizations.
- There is a $15 fee for receptions in the lobby or gallery.
- Fees are subject to change at the discretion of Sitar Arts Center staff.
- Please inquire about prices for renting multiple spaces or the entire Center.
Standard Rental Rates:
$130 per hour (Evenings and Weekends)
$70 per hour (Weekday Daytime)
Non-Profit Rental Rates:
$115 per hour (Evenings and Weekends)
$55 per hour (Weekday Daytime)
Equipment: $10 per microphone
Recording Studio: $45 per hour, daytime use only. Sitar does not provide an engineer.
Note: All events must end by 11:00 pm on weeknights and midnight on weekends.
Daytime: $35 per hour
Evenings immediately after programs: $50 per hour
Limited Weekend Availability: $75 per hour
Equipment Rates: $10 per microphone
Note: There is a contractual noise restriction in dance studio – room is not soundproof.
Daytime: $35 per hour.
Ongoing use of meeting rooms is possible and rates are negotiable.
Daytime: $15 per hour
- A deposit of 25% of the rental fee is due to reserve the space upon signing of the contract.
- The remainder of the rental payment will be due prior to the rental at an agreed upon date at least three business days prior to the rental.
- All renters must have a policy of public liability insurance for the for the benefit of the renter and Sitar Arts Center, covering not less than $1,000,000. Proof of that policy will be required upon final payment.
- Renters may not enter the building prior to the start time of the rental and must leave the building by the end time of the rental, or the renter will be subject to additional charges.