Sitar Arts Center’s Parent Association
Sitar Arts Center believes that support from family is the key to our students’ success, and parents are critical in ensuring that their children get the best arts education possible. By assisting Sitar with events and administrative and maintenance responsibilities, parents help make it possible for the Center to continue to offer quality arts education that every member of the community can afford.
Parents, grandparents, adult family members and Sitar volunteers are welcome and highly encouraged to participate in A.R.T.S. Circle, which stands for “Assist and Reflect Through Service.”
Volunteer opportunities include monitoring students, bringing snacks, cleaning, and assisting with fundraising. Other volunteer opportunities include helping with arts and crafts projects, making phone calls, and much more.
Purpose of A.R.T.S. Circle
- To expand, maintain and strengthen the Sitar community.
- To create a forum for parents to discuss and exchange ideas, resources, challenges and more.
- To recognize and increase parents’ sense of ownership and belonging in the Sitar community.
- To create a space for parents to be involved in Sitar in a constructive and enriching way.
- To reinforce the importance of arts education in the life of every child.
- To help Sitar Arts Center to be as fun for the parents as it is for the children!
Ways to Get Involved
1) Come to our open meetings!
2) Fill out an A.R.T.S. Circle sign-up sheet at the Center or click here to send an e-mail and let us know that you want to be involved!
Upcoming Meetings and Volunteer Opportunities
For more information, please call (202) 797-2145.